History
History

Trnava, which is situated in the large fertile lowlands in the south-west of Slovakia, is without any doubt considered to be the cradle of the Slovak malting industry. The first references to a malt house in Trnava dates back to the year 1395 when one of the five town gates was named the "Malting Gate". Trnava Malt House was founded by Mr. Treumann in 1893 in the same place it is located today. This German merchant bought the former winery located here, which was famous in the 19th century for having one of the largest barrels of approximately 118,000 litres.

Image
Image
Image

The first production line was an underground malting floor with a capacity of approximately 4,000 MT per year. In 1962 a new line, "New Malting Floors", with a capacity of approximately 8,000 MT per year was built. In 1967 the first pneumatic malting plant was introduced - the line "Moving Mass" with a capacity of approximately 12,000 MT per year.
 
The second line introduced to the operation was a more modern line called "Lausmann" in 1995 with a capacity of approximately 20,000 MT per year. The third line, “Saladin boxes”, with a capacity of 20,000 MT of malt was finished in 2009. After modernization and thanks to a new air-conditioning system, we increased the number of months that we could produce malt  increasing capacity to 53,000 MT. Later, we increased the day-cycle thereby further increasing production in 2015 to 66,000 MT.
 
In 2020 we started to rebuild the old plant “Moving Mass” and these investments have moved us to a capacity of 72,000 MT per year.